The Secrets of Sleep and Workplace Productivity – with Dr. Michael Breus
Recommended Sale Price
Medigas Manitoba and McFadden Benefits, Pension and Wellness present:
How to overcome the social and behavioral costs of sleeplessness in the workplace
Where: McFadden Benefits, Pension and Wellness, 74 Princess Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 1K2
When: Thursday, October 4th, 2018, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Lunch: Will be provided! Please let us know if you have a dietary restriction
Parking: There is street parking and lots located on McDermot and Adelaide St.
Register today, limited seating available!
In this 60-minute seminar, Dr. Michael Breus will help:
· Understand how sleep-related issues can affect their business’ bottom line, including the potential HR issues related to sleep disorders (productivity, safety, morale, and leadership).
· Learn how to implement a strategic and successful HR program for employees affected by these issues.
· Understand how to assist patients with sleep-related issues.
· Create a partnership with HR specialists to implement best practices and solutions to ensure healthy employees and a safe work environment.
“Dr. Michael Breus is not just The Sleep Doctor, he is MY sleep doctor. I trust him with my patients, my viewers and my readers. He has appeared on my show 39 times. He has spoken for me to help raise money for my charities and has educated millions of people. He is fun, informative, and engaging.” – Dr. Mehmet Oz, M.D., the Dr. Oz Show
FATIGUE AND WORK FACTS
From the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety:
· Most accidents occur when people are more likely to want sleep – between midnight and 6 a.m., and 1 to 3 p.m.
· Fatigue impacts decision-making ability, communication skills, productivity, performance, reaction time, memory, and the ability to handle stress.
· Fatigue increases tendency to take risks, forgetfulness, judgment errors, sick time, medical costs and accident rates.
· Staying awake for 24 hours affects the human body almost exactly like a blood alcohol level of .10%, which exceeds Canada’s legal limit for drivers.
ABOUT DR. MICHAEL BREUS
Michael Breus, Ph.D., is best known as The Sleep Doctor and one of only 163 psychologists in the world with a specialty in sleep disorders. He’s a clinical psychologist, board-certified sleep specialist, and a fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and he holds a diploma from the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
Breus resides in California, where he runs a private practice, treating athletes and celebrities, and consulting with airlines, hotel chains, mattress manufacturers, and retailers to provide the optimum sleep experience for their customers.
Breus has appeared on CNN, Oprah, The View, Dr. Oz, and The Doctors. He’s a best-selling author and has written blogs for WebMD, The Huffington Post, The Insomnia Blog, Psychology Today, MedPedia, Organized Wisdom, SleepBetter.org, and Furniture Today, provided editorial services for medical and psychology journals, and given hundreds of presentations.
To learn more about the Dr. Michael Breus, visit his website: thesleepdoctor.com